Whether you’re moving house and taking the piano with you or simply selling it, you must ensure you use a courier service that meets your requirements. On DeliveryQuoteCompare.com, you can choose between standard courier services, which are suitable if you are willing to move the piano yourself, or man and van services if you want someone to do the heavy lifting for you.
For those of you who intend to assist with moving the piano, here are some tips.
- Make sure there are enough people to help you. Pianos are heavy and awkward to move, so you will need some extra hands. When you you have listed the job on DeliveryQuoteCompare.com and couriers start to bid, you can ask them if they will be bringing any assistants to help.
- If you are using a courier rather than a man and van, you may need to rent or purchase some equipment. You will need heavy-duty straps that will give you a better grip on the piano. Using a furniture dolly is also recommended, and the straps can be used to secure the piano to the dolly. Man and van companies will have specialist knowledge of such equipment.
- Close and lock the keyboard lid. The keys are fragile and must be protected. If the lid does not lock, make sure it is closed when you wrap the piano.
- Use blankets and padding to wrap the piano, particularly the corners, securing it with packing tape.
- When lifting the piano, do not do so by its legs, as they are very vulnerable. Always keep the piano in an upright position. Laying it on its side is bad for the mechanics.
- With two people at each end of the piano, place the straps under the bottom of it. With one person supporting each corner, lift it onto the dolly. Now secure it, ensuring that the legs are sitting flat on the dolly.
- Put the piano at the back of the van, against the wall that separates the van’s interior cab from the space in the back.
Use DeliveryQuoteCompare.com to find the right delivery service for the job.