Moving day essentials box
It doesn’t matter if you are moving a few hundred yards or halfway around the world, your moving day will be busy. You will have lots to do and you need to be organised.
The day itself can end up being mucky and exhausting, so to help you along the way we’ve prepared a checklist of what you should include in your Last In, First Out Box.
Your box (or boxes in some cases) should be filled with items that will make the whole process of moving easier. Our list of essential items will ensure that you don’t have to get stressed about things such as finding the missing kettle or toilet roll during the first few hours in your new home.
- Place keys, money and phone chargers together into a small box as these will be needed throughout the day.
- Scissors / Pens / Paper
- Matches / lighter
- Basic DIY tools / Torch
- Refreshments – Moving furniture and heavy items can be exhausting, make sure you have refreshments to hand. Depending on your preference you may need the following:
Kettle / Tea / Coffee / Milk – UHT / Mugs / Sugar
- Snacks that give you lots of energy
- Basic crockery and cutlery
- Cork screw, wine glasses and of course a bottle!
- Washing up liquid
- Tea towels and cloths / Cleaning products
- Toiletries – Moving house can be dirty work and at the end of the day you will be grateful to wash away all the dust and muck and also need other essential toiletries. You may need the following:
- Wet wipes
- Soap and shampoo
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Toilet paper
- First aid kit
You will also need pillows, duvets and basic bedding to hand by the end of the first day to make sure you have a good night’s sleep. Consider if you need something to cover your windows too – a sheet and a few tacks can be effective as a short-term solution.